Alternative Engagement Rings, Morganite
Morganite engagement rings are very romantic and have been popular for the past 8 years. I have helped many clients with their Morganite engagement rings, and as a Graduate Gemologist, I always start off with education because they are different from diamonds. Here is a pro/consideration list that I want to share!
· Soft Peachy/Pink Color: Morganites can be a rose pink to lilac with the finest color (and rarest) a deep magenta. It comes across as feminine in the traditional sense!
· Low Cost: Morganites are a fraction of the cost of a diamond of the same size!
· Different: Not everyone has one, and it stands out in a good way!
· Scratching: Morganite rates a 7.5 to 8 on the Moh’s Hardness scale which means with time, you will have eye visible scratches. You will possibly want to replace it.
· Shows Best in Rose Gold: The pale pink color of Morganite is enhanced when it is set in a rose gold ring. Rose gold may or may not be the metal color of your choice.
· Stability: Morganite is susceptible to heat and chemical damage. When taking it to a jeweler for repair, you will need to pay the extra cost of having it pulled and reset in order to keep it from damage. If you work with chemicals for your job or house cleaning, you must take it off!
Sometimes we are under the impression that colored gemstones are just like diamonds except for their body color, but each gemstone is a separate mineral with varying characteristics which means the durability of each gemstone is different from each other. There is a reason why they say “a diamond is forever,” and it’s because a diamond’s resistance to scratching, chipping, & breaking is very high, and no other gemstone can match it.
With that being said, if you love the soft color and uniqueness of a Morganite in your wedding ring, then you should have one! In no way do I want to dissuade you from a Morganite, but understanding the different care you will need to take for your Morganite wedding ring is just part of the process! I would love to help you create the wedding ring of your dreams, whether it be for a new engagement or an upgrade! Angela Cisneros Jewelry Concierge brings back the joy and confidence of jewelry shopping, so that you can celebrate with ease! My by-appointment approach means:
One-on-one appointments (personal attention and no crowds!)
Discretion and privacy (surprises remain surprises!)
Expert help from a Graduate Gemologist with 24 years of experience (yep, that’s me!)
Book your FREE appointment with me today! www.angelacisneros.com/book-appointment
Photo Credit: www.stuller.com