If you were a lucky lady to receive jewelry for Christmas, you know that jewelry always means something more! I know that you want to take care of your piece so that it lasts for years and generations to come. Here are some Jewelry Care Tips to help.
· Take Your Jewelry Off: While jewelry can last generations, it is not indestructible. Taking your jewelry off can help you avoid loss and/or expensive repair. Some examples are, while you sleep, gardening or yardwork, cleaning, intensive sports or job, and camping.
· Keep Your Jewelry on in Public: Don’t take the risk of taking off your jewelry in public or in your car when applying lotion. It is too easy to get distracted by a text or our next stop and forget the rings in our lap. I have lost jewelry by doing that exact thing!
· Make Sure Your Rings are Not Too Big: When rings are too big, they come off when we least expect it. I have had multiple clients who lost their ring when they dried their hands in a public restroom. The ring slid right off with the paper towel and they didn’t notice it till hours later.
· Regular Cleanings and Check Ups: A qualified jeweler will also be able to tell you if your settings need repair. It’s better to be proactive in check ups so that you have a decreased risk of losing a precious gemstone.
· Home Cleaning: You can clean most of your jewelry at home too! Use a soft toothbrush with a little dish soap (because it cuts through grease) and water to gently scrub your jewelry. Rinse thoroughly! You can also use a bottle of jewelry cleaner you get from your jeweler. The most important thing to remember is that you don’t want to leave it soaking for longer than a minute. Take your Pearl and Opal jewelry to a professional to clean.
· Only One Spot: When you do take off your jewelry, designate only one spot to store it, and that spot should be in a jewelry box. Never put it on the kitchen or bathroom sink, in your pocket, or on a shelf. That gives too much room for jewelry loss.
I want you to feel confident when wearing your jewelry, but it does need care! Following my tips will help you minimize the chance of loss and damage, and remember, jewelry is not indestructible!
I would love to help you with your special purchase or custom design! Angela Cisneros Jewelry Concierge brings back the joy and confidence of jewelry shopping, so that you can celebrate with ease! My by-appointment approach means:
One-on-one appointments (personal attention and no crowds!)
Discretion and privacy (surprises remain surprises!)
Expert help from a Graduate Gemologist with 25 years of experience (yep, that’s me!)
Book your FREE appointment with me today! www.angelacisneros.com/book-appointment